I bought this bike about a year ago with the idea of putting some child-stoker cranks on it and riding it with my 4 y.o. daughter. I've decided to try a different bike. My wife and I have ridden it once. I don't know the year. But judging by the components, my guess would be early 90's, maybe late 80's?
More to come on this bike.
Steel frame. Made from True Temper CW 4130 tubing. Unicrown fork. Pump peg. Four water bottle braze-ons. Drumbrake tab braze-on.
For pictures, click here:
Here are some measurements:
- Captain seat tube (C-T) - 55 cm
- Captain top tube (C-C) - 56 cm
- Captain stand over - ~83 cm
- Stoker seat tube (C-T) - 48 cm
- Stoker top tube (C-C) - 68 cm
- Stoker stand over - ~77 cm
- Chainstay (center of rear crank to center of axle) - 46 cm
Here are the components:
- Headset: Tange Levin
- F/R Derailleurs - Suntour XC Comp
- Crankset (all cranks the same) - Sakae SX, 170.0mm, 110/74 BCD, 53/42/28 chainrings
- Bottom Bracket: ?.
- Pedals - Sakae platforms (captain); MKS AR-8 platforms with clips/straps
- Shifters - Suntour Acushift 6spd indexed.
- Brake Levers - Diacomp. Right lever (dual control) brakes both front and rear canti brakes. Left lever is drum brake.
- Stem - Sakae (110 mm reach)
- Bars - True Temper 4130 flat mnt bars
- Brakes - Diacomp canti's
- Saddles - Avocet Spenco Gel
- Posts -Sakae SR
- Wheels: Suzue Hi-flange hubs; Sun Chinook Alloy rims; 36 holes. Rear OLD: 135mm; with drumbrake
- Freewheel: 6sp 12-28
- Tires - Tioga City Slickers 26x1.5
- Cages: 4 blackburn water bottle cages
- Chainslap protector: XT shark fin